City Sightseeing Dublin and Glasnevin Cemetery Tour
START - Times Vary
Glasnevin Cemetery Dublin 11
DURATION - 90 minutes
END - Times Vary
Glasnevin Cemetery Dublin 11
City Sightseeing and Glasnevin Cemetery Tour
Winners of TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice award 2018, and TripAdvisor’s Hall of Fame award having received the Certificate of Excellence every year for the past 5 years, Glasnevin Cemetery Museum is one of Ireland’s must-see attractions!
- Entry to Dublin’s most Unique Visitor Attraction- Glasnevin
- Enjoy a Complimentary Irish Coffee in the Tower Cafe with your Exclusive Ticket!
- Use your €5.00 Genealogy Voucher to search family records dating back to 1832!
- Fully Guided Tour of Glasnevin Museum and The Crypt & Tower Tour
- Daily tours of Glasnevin Cemetery from 10.30 to 15.30
Glasnevin Cemetery Tour
Since 1832, 1.6 million people have been interred in Glasnevin. Glasnevin Cemetery covers 124 acres of glorious parkland with plenty to appreciate – perfect for those interested in exploring the legacies of Ireland’s heroes.
A hauntingly gorgeous Victorian Garden cemetery each guide is passionate about sharing their love of heritage and history, telling the stories of Ireland’s complex and fascinating history through daily walking tours turning a learning experience into a period of magic with a careful balance of passion, sensitivity and even fun.
Capturing the Capital – Introducing the O’Connell Tower
198 steps, comprised of a wrought iron spiral staircase, with hand-carved carved wooden steps, 6 landing platforms, exhibits, and four windows at the top affording magnificent views of Dublin, its surrounding counties and the Irish Sea. The Tower is open to visitors daily and bookings can be made online.
O’Connell Tower: Open daily from 10:00 to 17:00
The Restoration Project
In 1971, disaster struck when a large bomb exploded at the base of the tower. In 2016 work began with the reinstatement of the staircase that once graced the tower. Its completion in April 2018 was an achievement in its own right using the original plans and traditional methods employed by those who first constructed it.
- Great value combined City Sightseeing and Glasnevin Cemetery Tour
- A once in a lifetime experience
- Hold onto your Dublin City Sightseeing ticket to get great discounts and meal deals at Dublin eateries
- Check out this amazing drone footage of Glasnevin Cemetery
- Regular Hop-on Hop-off Service until 16:30 daily
- Charming and Passionate Tour Guides
- Pedestrian link to National Botanic Gardens
- Full Costume Re-Enactment takes place daily at 14:30
- “Dead Interesting” Tour: Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays at 13:00
- General History Tour: Monday-Friday at 11.30 & 14:30. Saturday, Sunday & Bank Holiday Mondays at 11:30, 14:30 & 15:30.
- The museum & cafe are open Monday-Friday 10:00 – 17:00, and Saturday, Sunday & Bank Holiday Mondays 10:00 – 18:00. Please note that both are closed annually on 1st January, 25th December and 26th December, and on 24th December only 1 tour will run at 11:30 before the museum closes at 13:00. For more information on our opening hours and tour times, click here.